Thursday, February 22, 2018

What to do in a cold day in Zurich (Switzerland)

It is the most populated city in Switzerland, but not its capital city. I’m talking about Zurich!
As you maybe know, I didn’t go again to my Lady Gaga concert, because this time was CANCELLED! You can’t imagine how sad I felt. But that’s all another story. Now, with this new #TravelNote, I want to talk you about my nice day in this Swiss city.  
Well, first of all I want to tell you how we (my mom and me) arrived to Zurich. By bus! Yes! From Venice till Zurich. The bus was the famous “FlixBus” and if you don’t know this bus company, I highly recommend you. They organize trips all around Europe and the prices are quite chips.
It was also very nice to observe all the snowy mountain villages. I am not used to see certain views (I come from Sicily!).
When we arrived in Zurich, in the evening, the temperature was not that cold. But when we woke up the day after, everything was white!!! It was a true surprise! Even though then the snow turned into rain. 
After we had breakfast, we took the tram (in the city there is no tube, but the tram is very comfortable), and directed ourselves to the city center. It was very nice walking through the picturesque streets, and the houses, are just so cute!!! They look like the one of marzipan. The main monuments to visit are Grossmünster, which is the ancient Dom of the city, where the Swiss Protestant reform has begun under Ulrico Zwingli, who also translated the Bible into German. Another important church is Fraumünster with its gothic style. If you go in summer time it is also very nice to have a tour around the lake with the ferry, but I don’t think it is the case when it is snowing. Anyway, if you feel cold outside, you can also visit the National Museum in front of the main train station. I personally find it very interesting and found many fun facts. For instance, did you know that muesli was created in Switzerland? (I always eat yoghurt with muesli at morning).
I think Zurich is a very quite but beautiful big city that you need to visit at least once in your life. But just some few warnings before you go.
1) Prices! It’s VERY VERY EXPENSIVE. Especially food. I bought two Brezels, you know I much I paid? 10 francs! In euro, it’s around 8.
2) Don’t come on Sundays. If you want to go shopping it is not a great idea since almost every shop is closed.
3) If you can’t stand cold weather, don’t come on winter. I would suggest you on early autumn. When I went there on September the weather was really perfect!
I hope you liked this TravelNote. See you next Thursday for a new one!
And if you want to see more pictures, just follow me on Instagram.

No comments:

Post a Comment